What is a Habitat ReStore?
- A Habitat ReStore accepts new and used home improvement items and building materials from individuals, retailers, businesses and contractors. These good quality items are sold to the general public at a fraction of retail prices, with all proceeds going to it’s local Habitat for Humanity.
Is the ReStore open to the public?
- YES! Anyone and everyone can donate and shop at the ReStore! The ReStore is open from 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Wednesday – Friday
- 9:00 am-1:00 p.m. Saturday.
How often does the ReStore get new materials?
- Daily! We receive donations every day that we are open.
How are items priced at the ReStore?
- Pricing in the ReStore varies based on the items condition. New items are priced at significant discount off of the suggested retail value, while used items are priced accordingly based on condition.
Can we negotiate prices with the ReStore ?
- No. Our ReStore does not negotiate on prices with customers. Items that have been on the shelves for a certain period of time may be reduced in price by ReStore staff, but please remember, the proceeds from our store go directly to your local Habitat for Humanity and this is not a flea market.
Do you use the donated materials to build Habitat Homes?
- No. The materials are sold in the Habitat ReStore, with the proceeds of the store going to Habitat for Humanity to help build homes.
How do I donate?
- When you have items to donate to the ReStore, call us at 985-649-0067 and let us know what you have – we will tell you if we are able to accept them or not. You can then bring your donated materials to the ReStore or we can arrange a pick-up.
Are there items you won’t accept?
- Yes. All donations must be in good physical and working condition whether new or gently used. We accept appliances, cabinets, furniture, lighting items, building materials and more. We are not a thrift store – we are an outlet for home improvement items. Therefore, we cannot accept items such as clothing, linens, food, baby items, etc. To view a more complete list of items we can and cannot accept, please visit our ReStore Donations webpage.
Do you pick up items?
- Yes. Please call 985-649-0067 to schedule a pick-up.
Do I get a tax receipt for donating?
- Yes! Habitat ReStore is part of East St. Tammany Habitat for Humanity, a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization. All donations can receive a potential tax deduction.
Can the ReStore put a value on the items I donate?
- No. We cannot place a value on any donations for tax purposes. This is the responsibility of the donor.
Does the ReStore take returns?
All merchandise is sold “As Is” and there are no refunds or exchanges. Our merchandise is donated; therefore, we do not offer any warranties or guarantees. We conduct a thorough screening of our donations to ensure only the highest quality items are accepted, but sometimes things may not work as expected. Please come prepared with your measurements and measure the item you want to purchase. Remember the old carpenter’s adage – “Measure twice, cut once.” We have tape measures available for your convenience. Please ensure that the items meet your satisfaction before checking out. If you change your mind after the purchase, you can donate it back to us.
Are all ReStores the same?
- No. Each ReStore is individually operated by the Habitat for Humanity affiliate office in that area. This means they do not all carry the same items, prices, policies, hours, etc.
How do things get done at the ReStore?
- Volunteers, partnering with our staff, play a vital role in cashiering, donation intake, donation pick-ups, stocking shelves, pricing items, assisting customers, office work, cleaning and so much more! We simply could not survive without the dedication and commitment of our volunteers.
How do I volunteer?
- Please call 985-639-0067 and speak with the volunteer coordinator about opportunities to volunteer.