Application Process is Closed
Click to download application
When the application process is open, individuals and families who wish to apply for a Habitat home in the East St. Tammany communities of Slidell, Lacombe, Alton and Pearl River can print the application online or stop by our office at 747 Old Spanish Trail, Slidell, La. 70458.
- Need for Shelter
- Living in overcrowded housing
- Living in substandard housing
- Being a resident of public housing
- Paying more than 30% of gross income on rent
- Ability to Pay
- Income: Income must be stable and fall between 30-60% of HUD Area Median Income. Click here for HUD income requirements
- Budget: Your estimated mortgage payment should be no more than 30% of your income, and mortgage and other debt combined should be no more than 40% of your income.
- Outstanding Debt: You cannot qualify for Habitat homeownership if you own a home at the time of applying.
- Willingness to partner
- Applicants must be willing to perform “sweat equity” hours (250-300 hours)
- Must have lived or worked in East St. Tammany Parish for the last year
- Applicants MUST be legal U.S. residents
- Attend pre-purchase & financial fitness courses