It takes several volunteers who are willing to give a day, week or month to turn a truck load of construction materials into a new home for a deserving family. Building a home alongside other volunteers and partner families is a great way to be part of something bigger.
What to Expect:
- Fun, hard work and new friends!
- Most volunteers come in teams affiliated with churches, organizations or businesses, but individuals are always welcome.
- We build Tuesday-Saturday; worksite hours are 6:50am to 3:00pm. Join us on site for any amount of time you can offer!
- There are dozens of construction tasks that require little or no training. However, on the job training for novice builders is provided on site by supervisors or volunteer leaders.
- Habitat supplies all of the tools and supplies that are needed. Some volunteers prefer to work with their own tools and are more than welcome to do so. Please make sure all personal tools are clearly labeled.
- Make sure you pack a lunch to bring to the jobsite with you, as lunches are not provided.
- Morning Circle – Staff members and crew leaders meet with volunteers at Morning Circle to start the day with a cup of coffee, fellowship, job assignments, affiliate orientation, safety training and devotion/reflection. Please come dressed and ready to work when you arrive at circle. You will go directly from there to your worksite. Morning Circle is held at the East St. Tammany Habitat for Humanity Office at 747 Old Spanish Trail. starting at 6:50 am.
Build Site Age Restrictions
Under 14 years of age: not allowed on site during any phase of construction
14–16 years old: allowed to participate in landscaping; must have one adult supervisor over 21 per youth
17 years old: allowed to participate in construction, but cannot get on the roof or operate power tools; must have one adult supervisor over 21 per 5 youth
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The ReStore is a home improvement and decor store that sells both new and donated products at a fraction of retail cost. ReStore volunteers work alongside staff to create a friendly environment for our customers and support the operations of the store such as inventory, merchandising, and sales.
ReStore Age Restrictions
Individual volunteers must be aged 16 and up (14 and 15 year olds welcome with adult supervision).
Learn more about volunteering in the ReStore or email email@example.com
A Habitat Core Volunteer is literally just that: the “core” that keeps everything intact. You can become part of our “Core” at the ReStore or on the build site.
You will have the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, and develop leadership skills. To be a Core Volunteer, you must be able to commit to one day a month (or more if you desire) to your volunteer position.
Construction Core Volunteers learn all aspects of the build process. Specialized training includes framing, roofing, trusses, painting, and more. You will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge in construction, learn new skills, meet new people, and develop leadership skill. To be a Construction Core Volunteer, you must be able to commit to at least one shift a month.
ReStore Core Volunteers are involved in all aspects of retail operations and work with the Habitat ReStore staff in guiding volunteers who are out for the day to assist in the stores. You will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge in retail operations, learn new skills, meet new people, and develop leadership skills. To be a ReStore Core Volunteer, you must be able to commit to at least one shift a month.