2016 Spring Women Build Registration is closed. please try again for our Fall Women Build which will be held in October.
What is Women Build?
The Women Build program empowers women to build Habitat for Humanity homes, enabling them to positively impact the lives of children by making homeownership a present reality for families. Women Build is not about excluding men; it’s about including women. Women are often intimidated on a “mixed” construction site; but in the comfortable environment of a Women Build site, they quickly learn construction skills.
In an effort to recognize women in our community that are remarkable community leaders, ESTHFH through a vigorous selection process identifies five women of distinction each year to represent Women Build. The Women of Distinction represent women who:
Exhibit leadership skills in their field of expertise.
- Have been a role model and/or mentor to other women and girls.
- Advocate for positive social change that helps close the leadership gap and create a more equitable society.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ESTHFH mission of eliminating homeless and sub-standard housing.
- Have garnered respect within the community.
- Exhibit qualities of teamwork, integrity, and dedication.
- Give back to the community through their time, talent, and/or resources.
- Live, work, or volunteer in St. Tammany area.
Who can Participate?
Anyone who wants to learn more about construction! Come by yourself or with a group of friends. Volunteers can register online by clicking the link above . Volunteers between the ages of 16 and 18 have different requirements than the adults over 18. Please call us so we can let you know what the requirements are.
How to get involved?
Volunteers must register with the Habitat office or Register Online here
Each build day has only a limited number of volunteer spaces available so be sure to return your form as soon as possible.
Please join us by donating today and joining the community. For more information, please contact 985-639-0656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I Can’t swing a hammer, what else can I do?
- Provide lunches for the volunteers who are building during these weeks …or any time we have volunteers!
- Collect donations for ESTHFH. We encourage a donation of $25. per volunteer during the Women Build week. Anyone who would like to donate to the build, would be greatly appreciated.